Roast Lamb with Potatoes and Salsa Verde
- 1 3-pound boneless leg of lamb
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- Kosher or sea salt and coarse black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, cracked, peeled and chopped
- Kitchen twine
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- 2 1/2 pounds small potatoes, halved
- 1 large bulb fennel, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 24 cippolini onions, peeled and left whole or 4 medium onions, cut into wedges 1-inch thick
- For the Salsa Verde:
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, cracked and peeled
- 1 cup mint
- 1 1/2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 3 to 4 flat filet anchovies
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Heat oven to 425ºF.
Season the inside of leg with fennel seed, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic. Roll to close and tie leg with kitchen twine. Drizzle with EVOO, season outside with salt and pepper.
Arrange potatoes, fennel and onions in a shallow roasting pan and dress with a little EVOO and salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes then add lamb and roast 30-45 minutes more, remove and let rest before carving.
While the lamb rests, combine salsa ingredients in a food processor and pulse into a finely chopped sauce.
Serve sliced lamb with potatoes alongside and plenty of salsa over everything.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook