Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream and Chive Sauce
Serve this on its own or as part of Rachael's easiest holiday buffet ever!
- 2 beef tenderloins
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1/2 cup Montreal steak seasoning
- 36 little French oval rolls (they look like super mini baguettes), split halfway through lengthwise
- For the horseradish cream and chive sauce:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijion mustard
- 30 chives, chopped
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Yields: 20-25 servings as part of a buffet
Preheat oven 450°F.
Arrange the tenderloins on a roasting pan or heavy-duty cookie sheet. Drizzle EVOO over both tenderloins and generously sprinkle steak seasoning all over the beef, patting it down to makes sure it sticks.
Cook for 15 minutes at 450°F, then turn the oven down to 350°F for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the beef reads 140°F. Let tenderloins rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
For the sauce: Add sour cream, horseradish, mustard, chives and a little salt and pepper to a bowl. Stir to combine.
Slice some of the beef and leave the knife on the platter so guests can slice their own. Serve with rolls and the horseradish cream and chive sauce in a bowl alongside the beef.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook