Roasted Ratatouille Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes
"A delicious idea for dinner tonight - ratatouille with cherry tomatoes!" - Rach
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 6 cloves garlic, left in their skins
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small to medium firm zucchini, diced into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 small eggplant (3/4 pound), partially peeled and diced
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1 pound rigatoni with lines
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Heat oven to 400°F.
On a baking sheet, spread out tomatoes and dress with a couple of tablespoons EVOO, thyme, salt and pepper. On a separate sheet pan, arrange zucchini, eggplant, peppers and onions. Dress with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes 25-30 minutes until charred and beginning to burst. Remove from oven and separate garlic from tomatoes. When cool enough to touch remove the skins. Roast vegetables until brown at edges and tender.
When vegetables have roasted 15 minutes, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Cook pasta to al dente, reserving a cup of starchy cooking liquid.
Place roasted tomatoes in a serving bowl while still hot and mash with garlic using a potato masher. Add reserved starchy water and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta and vegetables. Top the pasta with an extra drizzle of EVOO, parsley and cheese.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook