Roasted Sausage, Pumpkin, Apples and Onions with Maple and Beer Pan Gravy
This is recipe is an APB recipe and is featured on Rachael’s app Tasty Bytes.
- 1 small sugar pumpkin or 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into large-bite pieces
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and cut into wedges with root ends attached
- 2 Gala or Braeburn apples, quartered, core trimmed away
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds, half a palmful
- 8 links bratwurst or other sausage of choice
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup stout beer
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock, whichever you prefer
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Yields: Serves 4
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, onions and apples with lemon juice, salt, pepper, a little freshly grated nutmeg and the caraway seeds. Add sausages and dress everything with a layer of EVOO, about 3 tablespoons to coat. Arrange on large baking sheet and roast 30-40 minutes.
Heat butter in small pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour for 1 minute then add beer and reduce half a minute more. Whisk in stock, syrup and Worcestershire, add some coarse black pepper and let thicken a few minutes more to coat spoon.
Serve roasted sausages and squash doused with gravy.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook