Satay Lettuce Wraps
This recipe was featured in the May 2010 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine.
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 1/4 pounds thinly sliced pork or chicken cutlets or 1 1/2 pounds ground pork or chicken
- 1/4 pound oyster, baby white or shiitake mushrooms, chopped or thinly sliced 1 bunch scallions, chopped or thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 1 1/2-inch fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce, eyeball it
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core removed, quartered
Yields: Serves 4
Using a food processor, finely chop the peanuts.
In a large skillet, heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over high heat. Add the chicken or pork and brown, about 5 minutes; season with pepper. Add the mushrooms, scallions, garlic and ginger; toss for 2 minutes. Push the ingredients to the side of the pan and add the peanut butter to the center to melt. Whisk in the apple juice, tamari and hot sauce. Stir in the peanuts.
Spoon the satay into a serving bowl or individual bowls. Serve the lettuce wedges alongside. Scoop the satay mixture into lettuce leaves to wrap up as you eat.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook