This flavorful, vibrant dish is a healthy dinner option.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup arugula leaves, packed
- 12 to 15 blades of chives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 packages fresh linguine, found in the refrigerator section
- 1/2 cup (a generous splash) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
Yields: 4 servings
Place a large pot of water over high heat to cook the pasta.
Place the basil, parsley, arugula, chives, 1/2 cup chicken stock, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons EVOO in a food processor or blender, pulse to grind into a rough paste. Reserve.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 4 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 4 tablespoons. Add the shrimp and spread them out in an even layer.
While the shrimp are cooking, smash, peel and chop up the garlic or use the small side of a grater and grate it to speed things up. Add garlic to the skillet along with the crushed red pepper flakes. Toss to combine, season with some salt and pepper and continue to cook the shrimp for about 4 minutes.
Once you have the shrimp going, add some salt to the boiling water along with the pasta. Cook until al dente according to package directions, about 3 minutes or so.
Add the white wine to the skillet, cook for 1 minute, then add the reserved ground herb mixture, cold butter and lemon juice to the shrimp skillet.
Before draining the pasta remove about a half a cup cooking water and add to the shrimp skillet. Add the drained pasta and toss to combine with the shrimp and the sauce, stirring until the butter has melted. Serve the scampi verde with some crusty bread alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook