Sheila Cutchlow's Joy Bundles & Rice
This is a delicious variation on a great combination! Moist, delicious and the most gorgeous presentation possibilities ever! This is a hit with kids and adults alike (all that to say that it can go from family favorite to dinner party ooohhhs and ahhhhhhs)!
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 Chicken breasts, cut in half width wise
- 1/2 cup(s) of Spring Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Tarragon, finely chopped
- 8 Turkey Bacon slices
- 2 cup(s) of Rice Pilaf (10 minute variety)
- 2 1/4 cup(s) of Chicken Broth
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp. of Butter
- 3 tbsp. of Fresh Dill, chopped
- 4 tbsp. of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. of lemon zest
- 1 pinch of Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. of Parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter
- Season the 8 chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange in a row so that you can add the filling and have space to roll!
Cream together the Philadelphia Cream Cheese, spring onion, tarragon.
Spread equal amounts of the Philadelphia Cream Cheese filling on the chicken breasts.
Starting at the smaller end, roll each gently, toward the wider end, until closed.
Wrap each with a slice of bacon.
Place in ungreased baking dish and brush the tops with melted butter.Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, on the middle rack of the oven.
After 20 – 25 minutes, uncover and let brown under broiler for 5 - 7 minutes more. It will get a light brown kiss from the additional heat.
While your chicken is baking, prepare rice by bringing the chicken broth, rice and garlic to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Remove rice from heat and stir in butter, lemon juice and dill. Set aside.
Place rice on a serving platter, and position each bundle down the center.
Generously ladle the delicious pan juices down the center of the Bundles
Sprinkle with parsley.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook