Skinless BBQ Chicken
Just because summer is over doesn't mean you can't still have BBQ chicken for dinner tonight! Serve these with Rachael's Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey.
- Rach’s Nearly Famous BBQ Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup (look for organic and low sugar ketchups next time your pantry runs out)
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark amber maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 palmful coarse black pepper
- 4 small pieces bone-in chicken breast
- 4 bone-in chicken legs or thighs
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
Yields: Serves 4-6
Place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small pot and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to low and let thicken for 30 minutes. When the sauce is done, prepare the chicken.
Remove the skin from the chicken pieces and discard. Arrange chicken on broiler pan or on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Place rack in center of oven and preheat broiler.
Dress chicken pieces lightly with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Broil 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until juices run clear. Baste chicken very liberally with sauce and broil for another minute or 2 to set the sauce.
Garnish BBQ chicken with chopped scallions and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook