Sliced Steak with Pepper Onion Sauce
This recipe was featured in the September 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 2 large 1 1/2- to 2-inch thick strip or top sirloin steaks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 2 fresno chile peppers or 1 hot cherry pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano or marjoram
- Buttered white toast points, for serving
Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle the steaks with EVOO; season liberally with salt and pepper. Place on the griddle and cook, turning once, until a brown crust forms, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice.
While the steaks cook, add the parsley, chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar and oregano (or marjoram) to a food processor; season with salt and pepper. Pour in 1/2 cup EVOO and pulse to chop into a thick sauce.
Serve the steak on the buttered toast points. Top with the pepper-onion sauce.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook