Slow Cooker Meal: Chicken and Biscuits
This is not your ordinary chicken dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flour plus 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces, about 2 cups
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 leaves of fresh sage, sliced
- 6 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 store-bought biscuits
Yields: Serves 4
Dredge the chicken pieces in 1/2 cup flour and season with salt and pepper.
Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken pieces on all sides.
Place browned chicken, butternut squash, celery, carrots, onion, sage, thyme, 3 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Mix to combine then pour in the chicken broth. Cover and cook, undisturbed, 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Just before serving, add in the peas, Dijon, most of the dill and most of the parsley into the slow cooker. Mix to combine and warm the peas through.
To serve, place a biscuit in each bowl, spoon the chicken mixture over the biscuits and top with a little more dill and parsley.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook