Sort-A Soba Noodle Bowl
Make your own take-out!
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti or soba noodles
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package medium sized shrimp, tails off and de-veined
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 handfuls (about 1/2 pound) of string beans, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 jar (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (if needed)
- 1 palmful sesame seeds and/or slivered almonds
Yields: 6-8 servings
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook according to the package directions to al dente.
Toast sesame seeds and/or almonds in a skillet over medium-high heat. You can tell they're done when you can smell them!
While the noodles are cooking, heat the marmalade, tamari, chili oil and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper in a small saucepot over low heat. Stir to combine.
Place a large skillet over medium-high to high heat and add 1 tablespoon canola oil, about once around the pan. Once the oil starts to ripple, add the shrimp to the pain and cook, about 1 minute on each side. Once the shrimp start to turn pink add the veggies to the pain and cook until the shrimp are cooked through and the veggies are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Drain the noodles and add them to the skillet with the veggies. Pour the tamari/marmalade mixture into the skillet and give it a good toss to make sure everything's nice and coated with the sauce. If you need more moisture to coat the noodles, add a little chicken stock. Plate the noodles onto dishes and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or almonds.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook