Spanish Stewed Chicken Thighs
This recipe was featured in the January/February 2013 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound cured chorizo, chopped
- 1 red mild frying or bell pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 small ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño or fresno chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1 15-ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Crusty bread, for mopping
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the chorizo to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the frying pepper, celery, onion, garlic and chile. Cover partially and cook until the vegetables are just softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sherry and cook, stirring up any browned bits.
Add the tomatoes, stock and chicken to the pan. Partially cover and simmer until cooked through, 15 minutes. Stir in the parsley and olives.
Serve with crusty bread for mopping.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook