Spicy Bloody Mary Burgers
Rachael turns a classic cocktail into a zippy burger.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 palmfuls grill seasoning
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Spicy gourmet potato chips such as black pepper chips
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat broiler to high. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan EVOO, about 2 tablespoons.
Place a small sauce pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Once the oil ripples, add the onion and celery, season with some celery salt, hot sauce and a little pepper, and cook stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Add the tomato sauce, bring up to a bubble then turn down the heat to medium-low and let it simmer while you cook the burgers.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground sirloin, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, horseradish and grill seasoning. Mix until thoroughly combined then score the meat with the side of your hand into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into to one-inch-thick patties. Once the skillet is hot, add the Bloody Mary burgers and cook on each side for 6-7 minutes, until they reach desired doneness. While the burgers are working, toast the buns in the broiler.
Remove the burgers from the skillet to the bottoms of the toasted buns, top with the warm ketchup, shredded lettuce and a toasted bun top. Serve with chips alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook