Spinach-Artichoke Hummus and Cheesy Toast
A more figure-friendly version of spinach-artichoke dip.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 10-ounce box chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 1 15-ounce can artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Asiago cheese
- 1 baguette, cut into slices 1/4-inch thick
Yields: 4-6 servings
Preheat broiler to high.
In the food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and EVOO, and puree until smooth.
Transfer the hummus to a bowl, add the spinach, artichokes, 1/4 cup of the grated cheese and mix to combine.
Sprinkle the remaining grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Asiago cheese on the baguette slices and toast them under the broiler until the cheese is golden and melted. Serve the hummus with the cheesy toasts alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook