A viewer shares her recipe for a steak dinner made with ingredients from the 99-cent store.
- 3 tablespoons Savion dried sliced onions (Use fresh onions when available)
- 2 (4-ounce) American Companies beef rib-eye steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Supreme salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Supreme pepper
- 6 tablespoons Danish Creamery butter
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Master's lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Heinz Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Classic crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup water mixed with 1/4 cup Aunt Nellie's beef gravy
- 3 ounces Forrelli mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup Christian Brothers white brandy or 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Encore dried parsley
Yields: 2 servings
Soak dried onions in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain.
Season steaks with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a frying pan. Add the mustard and 2 tablespoons of the onions. Sauté for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
Add steaks and brown for about 3 to 4 minutes each side (until medium-rare). Remove steaks to a platter and keep warm.
Add remaining butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, remaining onion and the water gravy mixture to the pan drippings. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add mushrooms and brandy or wine.
Boil, stirring frequently, until gravy is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Pour over steaks, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook