Stefano's Fideo (Mexican/Italian Mac and Cheese)
This recipe was featured in Idol "Rival Ray" cook-off.
- 1/4 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted red pepper flakes
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 14-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 block Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, for garnish
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Toast rigatoni in the skillet until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic, onion and pepper flakes, and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Mix in tomato sauce and 2 cans water. Cook until pasta is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
Once pasta is done, stir in cheese and let melt, about 1 minute.
Scoop into bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook