Stir-Fried Shrimp & Fideos
A Spanish twist on fried rice.
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 pound fideos or very thin egg noodles
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and de-veined, coarsely chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (a couple of handfuls) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Yields: 4 servings
Place a small skillet over medium heat and add the almonds. Stir frequently and cook until you start to smell them, about 3-4 minutes.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once at a boil, add the noodles and cook them just a couple of minutes, to al dente, and drain.
While the water is close to coming to a boil, heat EVOO in large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil ripples, add shrimp and cook for about 1 minute. Add peppers, scallions and garlic, and cook about 3 minutes more.
Add the cooked egg noodles to the pan, the soy sauce, sherry and hot sauce and toss everything well to combine. Cook a couple of minutes then season with salt and pepper. To serve, top each serving with some of the toasted nuts and chopped parsley.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook