Sweet and Sour Thai Noodle Bowls
Healthy and delicious!
- 1 pound whole wheat or whole grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound chicken or pork cutlets, very thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced and thoroughly cleaned
- A couple of generous handfuls shitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger root, grated
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 2 limes, zest and juice of 1, the other cut into wedges, divided
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Cilantro or basil, chopped, for garnish
Yields: 4 servings
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add salt and cook pasta to al dente.
When the pasta goes into the water, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken or pork, brown and transfer to a plate.
Add leeks and mushrooms to the skillet and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, and cook a minute more. Stir in Tamari, agave syrup or honey, lime zest and juice, and hot sauce to taste. In a large serving bowl, toss veggies with the meat, noodles and lettuce to combine.
Garnish with cilantro or basil and serve with lime wedges alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook