Tex-Mex Chicken Club
You can turn an ordinary chicken club into something even better with a Tex-Mex twist!
- 1/2 tablespoon EVOO
- 4 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 2 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, eyeball the amount in the palm of your hand
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 small or 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 deli slices Pepper jack cheese, Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 8 Slices white or wheat Pullman bread, toasted
Yields: Serves 4
Heat a drizzle of EVOO in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crisp, 3-4 minutes, drain bacon and reserve. Wipe out all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Halve the chicken breasts across, producing 4 cutlets. Add cutlets to the skillet and season with salt, pepper and cumin, oregano and chili powder. Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side to golden and firm.
Mash avocado with onions, garlic, jalapeno, the zest and juice of 1 lime. Stir in bacon bits. Taste the guacamole and season with a pinch or 2 of salt if you think it necessary.
Remove chicken from skillet then wipe clean and reduce heat to medium. Add butter and melt. Fry eggs to medium or well, 4-5 minutes, turning after 3 minutes. Melt cheese over each egg under loose foil tent in last minute or so of cook time.
Place fried eggs on toast and top with thin chicken cutlet, lettuce, tomato and bacon guacamole, set toast tops in place and cut corner to corner.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook