Turkey Meatloaf Burgers
This recipe was featured in Rachael’s Look + Cook.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small or ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small McIntosh apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, rounded handful
- 1 pound ground turkey with some or all dark meat, not breast
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, 2/3 palmful
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium egg
- EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), for drizzling
- 4 slices sharp white cheddar, for topping the burgers
- 4 sandwich-size sourdough English muffins
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 thin slices raw red onion
- 4 red leaf or red romaine lettuce leaves
Yields: Serves 4
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the chopped onions, celery, and apple, then season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes under a loose foil tent. Stir in the bread crumbs and transfer to a bowl to cool a bit. Add the meat, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, parsley, mustard, and the egg and mix. Form 4 burgers. Wipe out the skillet and heat a liberal drizzle of EVOO in it over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 11 to 12 minutes until cooked through. Melt the cheddar over the tops of the burgers during the last minute or two of cooking.
While the burgers cook, toast the split English muffins under the broiler or in the toaster.
Mix together in a small bowl the cranberry sauce, sour cream, and chives.
Serve the burger on English muffins with red onion, lettuce, and the cranberry sauce.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook