Turkey Meatloaves and Smashed Sweet Potatoes, Peas and Radishes
Try this twist on meatloaf for an easy weeknight supper!
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and buttered, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 rounded tablespoons marmalade
- 2 rounded tablespoons grainy mustard
- EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Splash of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 10 ounce boxes green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup cream or half-n-half
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Yields: Serves 6
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil; salt water and cook to tender.
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Meanwhile, mix meat with bread, a splash of stock, egg, shallots, thyme, marmalade combined with mustard, salt and pepper. Form 6 mini meatloaves and arrange on parchment paper, cover with some EVOO and roast to golden, 20 minutes or so.
For gravy, over medium heat in skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter, whisk in flour 1 minute, then whisk in a splash of orange juice, Worcestershire and 1 cup chicken stock. Thicken for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To a second larger skillet add peas, a small splash of water and butter. Bring the peas to a boil, reduce out the water 2-3 minutes, then reduce heat to medium and sauté with radishes 2-3 minutes more, add chives, season with salt and pepper.
Drain cooked sweet potatoes and return to hot pot. Mash with a little stock and cream, then add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Serve meatloaves with gravy on top, sweet potatoes and peas with radishes along side.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook