Warm Penne Pasta Salad
Serve this along side of a Tuna Melt Pressed Panini.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion or 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups peas
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
Yields: Serves 6-8 as a side dish
Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it and cook pasta to al dente. Heads up: reserve 1 cup of starchy cooking liquid before draining.
Meanwhile, over medium heat in medium skillet, melt butter, add garlic and onions and sauté gently for 7-8 minutes. Add peas and heat though.
Drain pasta and add it back to the pot with reserved water, ricotta, parsley, Parm and onion-pea mixture. Toss 2 minutes to coat and combine flavors.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook