Originally aired July 24, 2013
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound small potatoes, sliced inch
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen or ground fennel
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 small Galia or other ripe hand melon, peeled and seeded, quartered and sliced inch thick
- 1 lime
- Black pepper
- About 1/3 to 1/2 pound prosciutto di parma
- 3-4 vine ripe or Roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound crumbled Ricotta Salata
- 1 heart romaine lettuce trimmed washed and dried
- 1 radicchio, cored and shredded
- 1 bundle arugula, coarsely chopped
Cover eggs with water in small pot. Cover with water, bring to rolling boil, cover pan and let stand 10 minutes. Drain eggs, crack shells and let stand in cold water. Peel and slice eggs.
Meanwhile, place potatoes in pot, cover with water, bring to boil. Salt the water and cook potatoes 5 minutes until tender, drain.
Whisk up dressing of lemon juice, Dijon, honey, garlic, olive oil, fennel, salt and pepper. Let sit for a few minutes. Toss dressing with potatoes, shallot, and capers.
Dress melon with the juice of the lime and season with coarse black pepper. Wrap slices of melon with ham and arrange on greens.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the tomatoes, basil, ricotta salata, salt, pepper and EVOO.
Arrange greens on large platter or plates and make stripes across the lettuce bed beginning with eggs then potato salad, then finishing with tomato salad.