Originally aired July 22, 2013
- Baby kale, 2 bags, roughly 3 quarts by volume loosely packed
- Ripe pear, 2 pears cut in wedges
- Hazelnuts toasted 1 cup
- Chickpeas 2 small cans or 2 cups
- Red onion slices 1 small onion sliced
- Parmesan shavings 3/4 cup
- Rotisserie chicken meat 3/4 cup
- Crispy chicken skin from 1 bird
- Salami, sliced 1/2 cup
- Balsamic vinaigrette - to taste
- Black pepper - a few twists from a mill
- Tarragon or basil chopped - 2 tablespoon
For the skin, simply lay some roasted chicken skin on a cookie sheet and bake low ( 300 degree ) until crispy. Maybe 15 minutes or so.
In a large salad bowl, simply toss all the ingredients lightly with the vinaigrette and top with the Parmesan shavings & chicken skin !