4 to 6 servings
Aired July 1, 2013
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 2 pounds peeled ripe tomatoes or 1 32-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 fresno chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process in batches until fairly smooth; chill and serve.
To turn into a summer meal, serve with grilled shrimp for dipping.