Originally aired July 1, 2013
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes
- About cup EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, Italian cherry or Fresno, seeded and finely chopped or 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or grated
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- cup white vermouth or cup dry white wine
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- A few leaves basil, torn
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Grated pecorino cheese
Heat a pot of water to boil for pasta.
Halve cherry tomatoes.
Heat cup EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, in large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, chili pepper, garlic, capers and swirl around 2 or 3 minutes, add vermouth or wine, tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, add herbs and simmer while pasta cooks, 8-10 minutes.
Cook pasta in salted water. Reserve about cup starchy water and drain pasta, add water and pasta to sauce and toss 1-2 minutes, top with cheese and serve immediately.