Aired July 1, 2013
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and grated or pasted
- 1/2 cup pitted good quality green olives
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- About 1/2 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 6- to 8-ounce filets white sustainable fish such as cod, haddock or halibut
Combine basil, parsley, garlic, olives, lemon zest and juice, nuts, cheese, EVOO and salt and pepper in a food processor; process into pesto.
Heat oven to 400F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
In a bowl, combine pesto with breadcrumbs.
Arrange fish on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Top fish with breadcrumbs and bake until firm and cooked through, and the breadcrumbs have browned.
Serve with lemon wedges and side of pasta.