Serves 6 large pancakes
Originally aired May 8, 2013
- 2 cups multigrain pancake mix
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk (add a bit more for a thinner pancake)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
In a mixing bowl, mix together the pancake mix, milk, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Heat a nonstick griddle or saut pan over medium heat and cook pancakes on one side. Sprinkle pecans on non-cooked side. Flip and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes per side.
In a small saucepot over medium high heat, combine the apples, cider and cinnamon stick. Allow to cook down, about 15-20 minutes. Once the apples are cooked down and soft, stir in maple syrup. Pour over pancakes and serve.