Aired May 8, 2013
- 1 block ricotta salata
- 1 pound spaghetti (preferably a high fiber/low-carb variety like Dreamfields)
- 1/2 head garlic (approx. 6 cloves), left whole
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (approx. 1 cup)
- 4 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 3 cups corn oil (or enough to fry in the pan used)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place whole ricotta salata block on a baking sheet and bake until brown. Reserve.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
In a skillet, saut garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil. In a pot deep enough, fry zucchini in hot corn oil until brown.
Add pasta to the skillet with the garlic, red pepper flakes and oil. Toss in parsley. Continue to cook pasta for a minute or two in the garlic and oil sauce to incorporate flavor. Place pasta in a large serving bowl and top with zucchini. Grate browned ricotta salata over pasta, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!