Originally aired May 1, 2013
- For the Steak:
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Olive or canola oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- Coarse black pepper, kosher salt
- For the Bloody Maria Salsa:
- 5 to 6 vine-ripe or plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 to 3 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup pimiento-filled green olives, chopped
- 2 jalapeo peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and coarse black pepper, to taste
- A small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 to 2 shots tequila
- 12-16 corn tortillas
- Chopped crisp lettuce
For the steak, rub meat with Worcestershire sauce, coat lightly in oil and rub in the paprika, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill a few hours. Bring meat to room temperature and heat a griddle or grill pan to medium-high.
For the salsa, combine all ingredients together. Stir and adjust seasoning to taste.
Grill meat about 12 minutes, turning occasionally, for pink center. Rest meat 5 minutes then slice against grain.
Char the tortillas in hot skillet or over an open flame on a gas top stove.
Serve meat in tortillas with chopped lettuce and lots of salsa, rice and beans or grilled corn with lime, hot sauce and butter alongside.