Originally aired April 23, 2013
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (a fat handful)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- About 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 400F.
Melt butter over medium heat in a small skillet; swirl with garlic for 2 minutes. Pour butter and garlic over breadcrumbs and cool. Toss with cheese and fresh herbs.
Drizzle chicken with EVOO and season both sides with salt and pepper. Slather each piece of chicken with mustard and press that side into the breadcrumb-and-cheese mixture. Arrange chicken on nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear and breadcrumbs are deeply golden.