Aired April 15, 2013
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds discarded, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, stem and seeds discarded, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Gluten-free tortillas for serving
- Toppings: Guacamole, Roasted Tomato and Chipotle Salsa, hot sauce and lime wedges
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the chicken with large pinch of salt, the black pepper, the chili powder and the cumin. Set the chicken aside while you get your vegetables started.
Heat the olive oil over high heat in the largest nonstick skillet youve got. Add the peppers and onion, and cook, stirring now and then, until theyre beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook on high, stirring now and then, until the chicken and vegetables are cooked though and nicely browned, 15 minutes,
Meanwhile, warm the tortillas. Serve them with the chicken and all the toppings and let everyone mix and match.