4 one-ounce desserts
Aired April 1, 2013
- 3 sugar free, low fat vanilla pudding snack packs (Jell-O)
- 6 ounces fat free soy yogurt (such as Tofutti)
- 8 packets 100% natural stevia powder (Stevia in the Raw)
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Almond Breeze)
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Freeze the pudding and yogurt in ice cube trays until hard, at least 6 hours.
Mix the stevia and xanthan gum together in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Pour the almond milk into a Vita-Mix blender and scrape the insides of the vanilla bean into the milk. Cover and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the vanilla extract and turn on the lowest setting. Sprinkle the stevia and xanthan mixture slowly and evenly directly into the vortex in the blender and blend until thickened, about 30 seconds. Turn off the blender. Add the frozen pudding and yogurt and blend on high, using the wand to mix ingredients simultaneously until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tip: Put the canister of the blender in the freezer before you make this recipe to help combat the heat generated during blending. This will help keep your ice cream nice and frozen.
Per Serving: 98 calories, 1.6g fat (.75g sat, 0g mono, 0g poly), 0mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 19.8g carbohydrate, 1.4g fiber, 2.5g protein