Aired February 19, 2013
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin (leaner) or chuck (fattier)
- Kosher salt and black pepper or steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 round tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 (spicy) to 2 (hot) tablespoons sririacha
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Vegetable or olive oil, for drizzling
- Sliced or crumbled blue cheese, for topping
- Watercress (spicy) or Bibb lettuce, tomato and red onion, for topping
- Brioche rolls, toasted and brushed with garlic butter
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Place meat in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add onion, garlic, Worcestershire, Dijon, hot sauce, relish, celery seed, paprika and parsley, and mix well. Form 4 patties and drizzle with oil.
Cook patties 8 minutes in the hot pan, turning once. Top with cheese the last minute to melt. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and onion.