Aired February 1, 2013
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Sour cream
Preheat oven to 375F.
Arrange bacon on a slotted baking sheet and bake to crisp, 15-18 minutes. Once cooled crumble into bite-size pieces.
In a large saut pan, heat EVOO over medium-high heat. Brown beef, season with salt and pepper, and remove to plate.
Warm chips slightly in oven on baking sheets. Remove and top with ground beef, blue cheese, bacon bits and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Garnish with romaine, scallions and sour cream.