Serves 1 1/2 quarts
Originally aired January 30, 2013
- 1/2 pound cooked, shredded chicken, store-bought is fine
- 1/2 tablespoon packaged taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup roasted tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix the chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, tomatillo salsa and cheese in a large bowl, reserving a quarter of the cheese for the top.
Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and top with the reserved cheese. (The recipe can be refrigerated or frozen at this point.)
Bake until the dip is bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Top with the lime juice, red onion, scallions, lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives and cilantro (if using) and serve.