Serves 2 cups
Originally aired January 30, 2013
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces sliced pickled jalapeos, drained and chopped
- 2 Fresno chili peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
In a medium non-stick pan saut Fresno chilies in 1 tablespoon corn oil till translucent, 4-5 minutes. Cool and chop. Set aside.
Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, sharp white cheddar, 1/2 cup Parmesan, jalapenos and sauted Fresno chilies in a bowl. Pour into a baking dish.
Mix the panko bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the dip. The dip can be frozen or refrigerated at this point.
Bring to room temperature or defrost before baking. Preheat oven to 350F.
Bake until the sides are bubbling and the cheese has melted and turned a golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Top with fresh cilantro and serve with lime tortilla chips and a cold beer!