Originally aired January 29, 2013
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups Sunshine Cheez-It Original Crackers (crushed to 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing or spicy ranch salad dressing
Lengthwise cut chicken into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Set aside.
Place flour on wax paper. In shallow dish, stir together egg whites and water. In another shallow dish, combine Cheez-It cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oregano.
Roll chicken pieces, one at a time, in flour. Shake off excess flour. Dip into egg white mixture then coat with the cracker mixture, gently pressing breading onto chicken. Place in a single layer in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or lined with foil.
Bake, uncovered, at 425F for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. For food safety, internal temperature of the chicken should reach at least 165F.
Serve with salad dressing as dipping sauce alongside.