Originally aired November 21, 2012
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups turkey gravy or stock
- 2 cups milk
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Regginano cheese
- 1 pound chopped cooked leftover turkey
- 11/2 cups chopped cooked cauliflower or broccoli leftovers
- 1/2 cup peas, defrosted or leftovers
- Toppings: homemade breadcrumbs, chopped toasted leftover stuffing or Panko mixed with melted butter and Parm cheese
- 1 pound egg noodles or egg pasta cooked to al dente
Preheat oven to 375F.
Heat EVOO in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat; add butter and melt into oil. Add onions and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Add flour and stir 1 minute. Whisk in wine then gravy or stock and milk; adjust salt and pepper, and season with nutmeg to taste. Let thicken enough to coat a spoon and stir in parm cheese.
Stir turkey, cauliflower, peas, pasta into the sauce and turn everything into a casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.