Aired November 8, 2012
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 packages Boursin cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- White pepper or finely ground black pepper, to taste
Place the potatoes and parsnips in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Salt the water and cook to tender.
Drain and mash the potatoes and parsnips with milk, cheese and butter. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.