Aired October 5, 2012
- For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or bourbon
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 chicken leg drummers
- Salt and pepper
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shots whiskey
- 1/3 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Chopped or sliced scallions
- Carrot and celery sticks
Mix marinade ingredients in a large baggie. Season drummers with salt and pepper, and add them to the marinade. Refrigerate 3 hours then bring up to room temp.
Preheat oven to 300F. Arrange a wire rack over a baking sheet. Arrange drummers on the rack and slow cook 1 hour and 15-30 minutes.
For the sauce, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, swirl 2 minutes, then add whiskey, hot sauce and pepper. Drop heat to low.
Toss drummers with sauce and top with scallions. Serve with carrot and celery sticks alongside.