Originally aired October 1, 2012
- 1/2 pound ziti
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound center-cut lean bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 16 eggs
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Pecorino cheese
- 2 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella
Preheat oven to 400F.
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta; salt water and cook pasta to al dente and drain.
While the pasta is cooking, heat EVOO in a large, ovenproof skillet and brown bacon. Drain off excess fat if using bacon, leaving at least 1/4 cup. Add pepper and garlic, and stir 1-2 minutes. Add drained ziti, stir to combine.
Beat eggs with parsley and Pecorino. Add to pan and stir to settle the eggs. Transfer pan to oven, bake until light golden, 20 minutes. Top with cheese, switch on broiler to melt and brown. Let stand to room temp, cut into wedges and serve.