Originally aired September 24, 2012
- For the Rub:
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3-pound beef brisket, well trimmed and brought to room temperature
- 2 cups beef stock
- Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Soft rolls or buns
- Crumbled sharp white cheddar or Stilton or Double Gloucester cheddar with chives
Preheat oven to 325F. Combine ingredients for the rub in a small bowl and rub all over brisket. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. When hot, add beef and brown on all sides. Add stock, cover and cook 4 hours. Pull meat and separate fat, discard.
Combine sauce with the pulled beef and serve on buns topped with cheese crumbles and Bread & Butter Pickles.