Serves 12 sliders
Originally aired September 18, 2012
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander, a scant palmful
- 1 tablespoon paprika, a scant palmful
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, a palmful
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice, half a palmful
- About 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or ground red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1-pound sack sauerkraut
- 1 loaf Rubschlager mini rye or pumpernickel bread
- Softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
Combine beef with salt, coriander, paprika, garlic, pepper, allspice and cayenne. Form 12 2-ounce patties.
Heat a large griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Spray griddle with cooking spray and cook patties a couple of minutes on each side, remove to plate. Clean griddle.
Rinse and drain the sauerkraut.
Butter 1 side of 24 slices of bread.
Combine sour cream with relish, ketchup, salt and pepper.
Make sandwiches with buttered sides of bread facing out, 2 squares of quartered sliced cheese stacked, a patty, more cheese, some sauerkraut and dressing. Griddle mini Reuben sandwiches until golden and the cheese is melted; serve warm.