Aired July 25, 2012
- 1 yellow squash, washed and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 green zucchini, washed and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 purple onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 chunks or cooked pearl onions
- 1 cup broccoli florets, washed and cut into about the same size as squash
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, again washed and cut to the same size
- 20- 24 large grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette or Italian dressing
- Cooking spray
- EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Metal skewers
- Indoor or outdoor grill
Take all vegetables, place in bowl or jar with lid, add dressing of choice and place in fridge to marinate overnight or just an hour, time permitting, and choice of flavor.
Spray skewers with cooking spray.
Alternate vegetables on skewers. Make a pattern!
Cook on preheated indoor or outdoor grill coated with EVOO.
Watch carefully so that vegetables do not burn, turn occasionally.
Remove from grill in about 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender to the fork.
Serve on skewers, and let guests know the metal is hot. For kids, you can remove vegetables with a fork and place on their plate.
Turn grill off.