Aired June 28, 2012
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- For the Bourbon Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 shots of good quality bourbon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark amber maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Coarse black pepper
Bring a large pot of water up to a bubble, add ribs water and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 25 minutes.
Remove ribs and grill on a grill pan or outdoor grill. Every couple of minutes slather with barbecue sauce and continue grilling until ribs are tender, about 15 minutes.
For the Bourbon Barbecue Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepot and bring to a low bubble. Simmer gently and reduce for 20 minutes.