Aired May 18, 2012
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- For the Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from a can of pineapple chunks (reserve chunks for skewers)
- For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or dark beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 each red, green and yellow bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (21 oz) BUSH'S® Black Bean Fiesta Grillin' Beans®
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and add chicken. Toss to coat and let marinate while preparing the BBQ sauce.
Combine all ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a medium saucepot and stir until combined. Place over medium heat and let simmer until sugars dissolve and sauce begins to thicken.
On skewers place marinated chicken, pepper pieces, red onion and pineapple chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Over medium-high heat, grill skewers for a few minutes on each side. While cooking, brush with BBQ sauce.
Serve with BUSH'S Black Bean Fiesta Grillin' Beans