Serves 4 to 6
Originally aired May 10, 2012
- For Rub:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or ancho chili powder)*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- For Pork Chops:
- 4 each bone-in pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- For Sauce:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 can (21.5 ounces) BUSHS Sweet Mesquite Grillin Beans
- Optional Garnish: Fresh cilantro, chopped
For Rub: In small bowl, mix together chili powder, pepper, allspice and cumin.
For Pork Chops: Using paper towel, dry off chops. Rub mixture evenly on both sides of chops and season with salt.
Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium heat. When grill is hot, using tongs, place chops on grill and cook 3 minutes or until dark grill marks appear.
For Sauce: While chops are cooking, combine orange and lime juice in small bowl using whisk or spoon. Set aside.
Using tongs, flip chops and cook 3 minutes or until chops are pink in center and internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F.
With basting brush, coat one side of chops with sauce and cook 45 seconds. Flip chops using tongs. Coat second side of chops with sauce and cook 45 seconds. Set remaining sauce aside.
Using tongs, remove chops from grill and place on platter. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Drizzle chops with remaining sauce and garnish with cilantro, as desired.
Serve with BUSHS Sweet Mesquite Grillin Beans.
*For most potent flavored chili, use ancho chili pods. Pull off stems and cut chilies into pieces. Place in spice grinder (or coffee grinder) and grind to powder. 1 chili equals about 1 tablespoon chili powder.