Serves 4 to 6
Originally aired May 10, 2012
- For Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground (cayenne) red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- For Kabobs:
- 2 pounds skin on chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 each large white onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 12-inch sheet plastic wrap
- Wooden or metal skewers (recommend metal)
- 1 can (21.5 ounces) BUSHS Sweet Mesquite Grillin Beans
- Optional Garnish: Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For Marinade: In large bowl, mix together garlic, paprika, red pepper, thyme, oil and salt.
For Kabobs: Place chicken in bowl of marinade, turn to evenly coat. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
Using skewers create kabob by threading chicken, onion and pepper, leaving 1/2-inch of space between each piece for even grilling. Alternate between chicken, onion and pepper until all pieces are used. (Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 1 hour before use to prevent burning).
Season kabobs with salt and pepper.
Set clean, well-oiled grill to medium-high heat. When grill is hot, using tongs, place kabobs on grill. Cook 4 minutes. Using tongs, flip kabobs and cook 5 minutes or until chicken internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F and onions and peppers are slightly crispy.
Using tongs, remove kabobs from grill and place on platter. Garnish with parsley, as desired. Be sure to remove all ingredients from skewers before eating.
Serve with BUSHS Sweet Mesquite Grillin Beans.