Originally aired May 7, 2012
- 8 pork tenderloin cutlets, cut on an angle and pounded very thin and rounded at edges
- Salt and pepper
- Frying oil, such as vegetable or canola
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- Yellow mustard
- Minced fresh red or yellow onion
- 4 soft sandwich rolls, such as hamburger or brioche rolls
Season pounded cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat a counter top fryer or a couple of inches of fry oil in large Dutch oven to 365F.
Coat meat in flour, egg and breadcrumbs seasoned with paprika, nutmeg, ground mustard, and thyme.
Fry meat in batches so as not to crowd, keep warm in 275F oven on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
Serve pork on rolls topped with pickles, ketchup, yellow mustard and onions.